Sacrament of First Eucharist (Communion)
Contact: Julie Martinez 281-485-5457 or email@example.com
Christ gives us His Body and Blood as our food and drink to share His eternal life. A year of CCE preparation during the second grade is required for those receiving First Communion. Initiated in the Christian mystery by Baptism, Christians are fully joined to the Body of Christ in the Eucharist. Eucharist or communion is the center and the heart of Christian life.
Sacrament preparation is separate and distinct from CCE classes. Separate sessions will be held for the preparation of the sacrament of Reconciliation and for the sacrament of Eucharist. There will be a $25.00 sacramental fee to help with the cost of materials and certificate.
Preparation requirements include:
- Child and parent must attend mass regularly
- The child must attend CCE classes regularly
- Students will be allowed only three absences
- Child must attend Sacramental Retreat
- Parents must attend six Parent Adult Formation sessions
- Children should be in the second grade or older
- Baptismal certificates must be turned in by November 1st
- Parents are responsible for teaching children the required traditional prayers and basic beliefs of the Catholic faith. They must know the Act of Contrition before First Reconciliation
- A Penance Service will be announced at a later time