Registration is now open ==> https://forms.office.com/r/4JRzGg43KT
If you’re an adult baptized Catholic and received you First Holy Communion, but missed receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation as a teenager, then the Adult Confirmation process is for you!
In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ. Confirmation deepens our baptismal life that calls us to be missionary witnesses of Jesus Christ in our families, neighborhoods, society, and the world.
The Archdiocese of Galveston/Houston celebrates the the Mass of the Rite of Confirmation usually twice a year: The Baptism of the Lord (3rd Sunday after Christmas) or Pentecost Sunday (7th Sunday after Easter). Here at St. Helen’s we will have a series of classes in preparation for the date of Pentecost Sunday.
Our next preparation classes will be joined with our RCIA catechesis classes. There will be an initial orientation on Oct 16 at 7pm in St. Helen’s Braden Center. Then classes will start Oct 19 and then occur each Wednesday evening at 7pm. Last class should be around March 29 with the actual confirmation Mass happening around May 28. A more detailed calendar can be found here.
Registration fee is $40.
Below are the requirements:
- is at least 18 years old and no longer in high school.
- is validly baptized and able to renew baptismal promises. A copy of the baptismal certificate, less than six months old, is required.
- if married, is in a valid marriage witnessed by a priest or deacon and two other witnesses.
- is not cohabitating outside of marriage.
- is not living in a way contrary to the moral teachings of the Church.
- has received Holy Eucharist (Communion) and attends Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation.
- exhibits an active faith life in prayer and loving others.
- is willing to commit to participating in prayer, study, and acts of service to prepare for the sacrament.
- has a sponsor who will mentor them and be an example of faith and prayer.
- Sponsors must be fully initiated members of the Catholic Church (baptized, confirmed, and received first communion)
- Sponsors must be at least 18 years old
- Sponsors should not be spouse or significant other
- Sponsors are encouraged to attend classes with their confirmation candidate
- Sponsors must be able to participate in the Rite of Confirmation Mass
For more information, please contact Paul Ambro at firstname.lastname@example.org